Share this:

Washington, D.C. — President Donald Trump warned Iran on Wednesday that the United States is prepared to launch a “massive” military operation if Tehran does not quickly negotiate a new nuclear weapons deal, escalating rhetoric as U.S. naval forces continue to build up in the Middle East.

In a post on Truth Social, Trump said the Pentagon is preparing an armada comparable to the fleet used earlier this month in Venezuela, claiming it would be “far worse” than last summer’s U.S. strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities during Operation Midnight Hammer. Trump said the force, led by the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln, is moving with “great power, enthusiasm, and purpose” and could rapidly carry out its mission if negotiations fail.

The warning follows the recent arrival of the Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group in the Middle East after being redirected from the Indo-Pacific. The fleet includes Carrier Air Wing 9 and multiple guided-missile destroyers, making it one of the most powerful naval deployments currently in operation. Trump said the armada is intended as leverage, adding that he hopes Iran will “come to the table” and agree to a deal that permanently blocks it from obtaining nuclear weapons.

Trump’s comments come amid unrest inside Iran, where protests against the Islamic regime have reportedly led to thousands of deaths. U.S.-based human rights groups estimate nearly 23,000 people may have been killed, while Iranian officials acknowledge at least 5,000 fatalities. Trump has recently suggested the U.S. could support protesters seeking to topple the regime.

Pentagon officials said recent strikes significantly damaged Iran’s nuclear capabilities but warned Tehran may still attempt to reconstitute its program if negotiations collapse.

Sources:


Discover more from News Facts Network

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x