Share this:

Secretary of State Marco Rubio condemned French President Emmanuel Macron’s plan to recognize a Palestinian state during the upcoming United Nations General Assembly, calling it a “slap in the face to the victims of October 7th.” Rubio said the move would embolden Hamas and derail peace efforts between the group and Israel.

“The United States strongly rejects @EmmanuelMacron’s plan to recognize a Palestinian state,” Rubio posted on X Thursday evening. “This reckless decision only serves Hamas propaganda and sets back peace.”

Macron defended the decision, calling it part of a broader effort to secure a “just and lasting peace” in the Middle East. “It is our responsibility… to prove that peace is possible,” he said, also urging an immediate ceasefire, hostage releases, and increased aid to Gaza.

Macron’s statement came as ceasefire talks between Israel and Hamas collapsed. Trump administration envoy Steve Witkoff blamed Hamas for lacking the “desire” for peace.

France would become the first G7 nation to recognize a Palestinian state. So far, 146 countries have done so.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu also criticized the move, saying it “rewards terror” and threatens Israel’s security.


Discover more from News Facts Network

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x