News Facts Network (NFN) publishes news that is certified to be low biased and factual according to Media Bias Fact Check. MBFC vets each original article for accuracy and clearly labels the bias of the original source. Below is aggregated news from the least biased and High Factual United Press International (UPI) as well as up-to-the-minute fact checks from around the world.
- U.S. puts 8,500 troops on heightened alert amid Russia-Ukraine tensionson January 24, 2022 at 10:59 pm
The Pentagon announced Monday it has put up to 8,500 U.S. troops on heightened alert to deploy to Eastern Europe as tensions escalated over Russia's build-up of troops on its border with Ukraine.
- Burkina Faso army seizes gov't in a coup, detains president after unrest over terrorist groupson January 24, 2022 at 10:19 pm
Troops have detained Burkina Faso President Roch Marc Christian Kabore and his whereabouts were not known on Monday after gunfire was heard in military camps in the West African country the day before.
- FDA halts use of Regeneron, Eli Lilly antibody drugs deemed ineffective agianst Omicronon January 24, 2022 at 9:43 pm
The Food and Drug Administration on Monday halted use of monoclonal antibody treatments from Regeneron and Eli Lilly, stating they are ineffective against the Omicron COVID-19 variant.
- 3 firefighters killed, another critically injured in Baltimore roof collapseon January 24, 2022 at 8:51 pm
Three Baltimore firefighters were killed and another was trapped Monday when a roof collapsed during a two-alarm fire at a vacant home, fire officials said.
- Fact Check: NO Evidence Allison Coleman Or Lachlan Leary Were Australian Children Who Died After Getting COVID-19 Vaccineby Sarah Thompson on January 24, 2022 at 8:45 pm
Did two 7-year-old Australian children, Allison Coleman and Lachlan Leary, both die shortly after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine in the week the COVID vaccines were being rolled out in New South Wales to children in the 5- to 11-year-old age...
- Ethics Office Says Reps. Newman, Lamborn May Have Broken Lawby AP News on January 24, 2022 at 8:00 pm
A congressional ethics watchdog has concluded that U.S. Reps. Marie Newman of Illinois and Doug Lamborn of Colorado may have violated federal law, prompting reviews from the House Ethics Committee.
- Seven Navy sailors injured as F-35C pilot crashes on USS Carl Vinsonon January 24, 2022 at 7:59 pm
The pilot of a U.S. F-35C crashed on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson on Monday, injuring seven Navy sailors.
- At least 6 dead, dozens hurt in Cameroon soccer stampede: state TVon January 24, 2022 at 7:57 pm
At least six people died and dozens more were injured Monday during a stampede outside of a stadium in Cameroon during the Africa Cup of Nation, state television reported.
- Fact Check: Satellite Video Does NOT Show 'White Object' Hitting Ocean And Causing Tonga Volcano Eruptionby Alexis Tereszcuk on January 24, 2022 at 7:55 pm
Does a satellite video of the volcano eruption in Tonga show a "white object," or what one post's headline called a "'ROD FROM GOD' KINETIC WEAPON," hitting the ocean and causing an explosion? No, that's not true: Tim Vasquez, a...
- RFK Jr. Remarks on Anne Frank, Vaccines Draw Condemnationby AP News on January 24, 2022 at 7:51 pm
"Those who carelessly invoke Anne Frank, the star badge, and the Nuremberg Trials exploit history and the consequences of hate,” the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum said.
- Palin COVID-19 Tests Delay Libel Trial Against NY Timesby AP News on January 24, 2022 at 7:28 pm
It was announced in court that the Republican, who is unvaccinated, tested positive, just as jury selection was set to begin at a federal courthouse in New York City.
- Fact Check: More Than 3 Nobel Prizes HAVE Been Awarded For Drugs That Significantly Impact Human Livesby Courtney Kealy on January 24, 2022 at 7:19 pm
Have only three drugs "ever been subject to the Nobel Prize because of their impact on human lives"? No, that's not true: At least four Nobel Prizes have been awarded to scientists for inventing drugs that have had a "significant...
- Yes, Biden Called Fox’s White House Correspondent a ‘Stupid Son of a Bitch’by Jordan Liles on January 24, 2022 at 7:17 pm
The remark was uttered as Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy and other members of the press were being ushered out of the room.
- CDC designates 15 destinations as 'very high' COVID-19 travel riskson January 24, 2022 at 7:17 pm
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday designated 15 destinations as "very high" travel risks due to high levels of new COVID-19 cases.
- Biden's Competition Council discusses plans to ease inflationon January 24, 2022 at 6:53 pm
President Joe Biden and members of his White House Competition Council met for a second time Monday as the administration seeks to rein in a politically damaging surge of inflation.
- Georgia DA granted special grand jury in Trump 2020 election probeon January 24, 2022 at 6:33 pm
Fulton County on Monday granted District Attorney Fani Willis' request to form a special grand jury to aid her investigation of former President Donald Trump's efforts to overturn the state's election results.
- How to Fight Disinformation — Part IV: Signaling and Dog Whistlingby Brooke Binkowski on January 24, 2022 at 6:21 pm
One of the most difficult disinformation techniques to describe is also one of the most straightforward to defeat, which is not to say it is easy. The post How to Fight Disinformation — Part IV: Signaling and Dog Whistling appeared first on Truth or Fiction?.
- Newt Gingrich Floats ‘Jail Time’ for January 6th Committee Membersby Kim LaCapria on January 24, 2022 at 5:49 pm
During a January 2022 Fox News appearance, Newt Gingrich claimed that members of the January 6th Committee could be jailed under future Republican leadership. The post Newt Gingrich Floats ‘Jail Time’ for January 6th Committee Members appeared first on Truth or Fiction?.
- Fact Check: COVID-19 Vaccines Are NOT Growing New Variants Inside The Bodies Of Vaccinated Peopleby Ed Payne on January 24, 2022 at 5:31 pm
Are COVID-19 vaccines growing new variants inside the bodies of vaccinated people? No, that's not true: The virus that causes COVID constantly changes through a natural ongoing process of mutation, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It...
- Stowaway survives 11-hour plane ride from Africa to Amsterdamon January 24, 2022 at 5:20 pm
A stowaway from South Africa spent 11 hours in the nose wheel of a cargo plane that landed in Amsterdam.
- Is the National Grid TCPA Settlement Email a Scam or Legit?by Jordan Liles on January 24, 2022 at 5:16 pm
Readers began receiving a "notice of proposed class action settlement" for a company named National Grid in early 2022.
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams rolls out plan to stop gun violenceon January 24, 2022 at 5:08 pm
New York City Mayor Eric Adams on Monday rolled out a "Blueprint to End Gun Violence."
- Fact Checking President Biden’s Claims About Job Creationby Alec Dent on January 24, 2022 at 5:04 pm
A tweet lacks valuable context about all the job loss caused by the pandemic.
- Don Wilson, Guitarist with The Ventures, Dies at 88by AP News on January 24, 2022 at 4:59 pm
He died Saturday in Tacoma of natural causes, surrounded by his four children, The News Tribune reported.
- Norton Renewal Email Scam Lures Victims with Fake Invoiceby Jordan Liles on January 24, 2022 at 4:59 pm
We called the phone numbers listed in the emails. They had nothing to do with Norton or Norton products.
- Twitter bans Wordle-spoiling bot accounton January 24, 2022 at 4:20 pm
Twitter suspended a bot account that spams players of the smartphone game Wordle, shielding fans of the word-guessing puzzle from rude messages and spoilers from @wordlinator.
- FBI searches COVID-19 testing firm after claims of fraud, faulty testson January 24, 2022 at 4:12 pm
FBI agents searched the headquarters of pop-up COVID-19 testing chain Center for COVID Control following allegations that the company issued faulty test results and engaged in fraudulent insurance billing.
- UN official: Libya needs 'ballot box, not the gun' after postponed electionson January 24, 2022 at 4:08 pm
A top political affairs official with the United Nations told the Security Council on Monday that the path to stability in Libya "is through the ballot box, not the gun" after elections were postponed in December.
- House lawmakers call for ban of stock trading by Congress memberson January 24, 2022 at 3:56 pm
A new letter signed by 27 members of the House asks that members of Congress be banned from trading or owning stocks.
- Did Rep. Dan Crenshaw Shout at a 10-Year-Old Girl at an Event?by Alec Dent on January 24, 2022 at 3:53 pm
The young woman who questioned Crenshaw was 18, not 10.
- IRS chief warns of refund delays, challenges as tax filing season beginson January 24, 2022 at 3:48 pm
The head of the Internal Revenue Service warned of a "frustrating" experience for U.S. taxpayers Monday as the 2022 tax filing season officially got underway.
- Did a Michigan School District Install Litter Boxes in Bathrooms?by Dan MacGuill on January 24, 2022 at 3:13 pm
The Michigan GOP seized upon the uncorroborated claims of a Midland woman about the presence of the "furry" subculture in local schools.
- Man who stabbed woman dead in London is run over by car and killedon January 24, 2022 at 3:00 pm
A man believed to have killed a woman by stabbing her to death on a road in west London also died after he was run over by a car on Monday, police said.
- ‘Don’t Let Drunk or High Drive’by Kim LaCapria on January 24, 2022 at 2:52 pm
Purported images of strange highway signs might make you wonder who is under the influence -- and of what. The post ‘Don’t Let Drunk or High Drive’ appeared first on Truth or Fiction?.
- Pope Benedict retracts denial of attending key 1980 meeting on abuseon January 24, 2022 at 2:44 pm
Pope emeritus Benedict XVI on Monday admitted that he attended a key 1980 meeting on the Catholic Church's handling of child sex abuse cases in the Archdiocese of Munich, following an earlier denial.
- Former Lebanon prime minister announces withdrawal from politicson January 24, 2022 at 2:20 pm
Saad Hariri, former prime minister of Lebanon, announced Monday that he would withdraw from politics.
- Sarah Palin tests positive for COVID-19, delaying suit against New York Timeson January 24, 2022 at 2:05 pm
A judge on Monday postponed former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's defamation suit against The New York Times after she tested positive for COVID-19 and noted that she was unvaccinated.
- Italy's presidential election underway with secret ballot; Silvio Berlusconi drops outon January 24, 2022 at 2:04 pm
Italy's parliament will choose a new president Monday in a secret ballot.
- France starts enforcing vaccine passeson January 24, 2022 at 1:43 pm
France started enforcing its vaccine pass Monday, requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter many venues, restaurants, and transportation facilities.
- Fact Check: Dr. Sanjay Gupta Does NOT Have A CBD Gummies Businessby Marlo Lee on January 24, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Did CNN health help promote an alleged business venture into CBD gummies by their chief medical correspondent, Dr. Sanjay Gupta? No, that's not true: The site that published this article is not the real CNN health website. Their domain name...