
Internal divisions over the Jeffrey Epstein case erupted this week inside the Trump administration, culminating in a heated clash between FBI Deputy Director Dan Bongino and Attorney General Pam Bondi. The argument centered on the administration’s release of a surveillance video from outside Epstein’s cell — a video Bongino had championed but which turned out to contain a “missing minute,” reigniting conspiracy theories.
According to Axios, Bongino skipped work Friday after the confrontation, fueling speculation that he may resign. While officials insist he remains on staff, one source close to Bongino said, “He ain’t coming back.”
The dispute highlights the administration’s struggle to manage the narrative around Epstein’s 2019 death and whether a “client list” ever existed. Bondi previously vowed transparency, but the Justice Department has since said no such list exists, leading to backlash from pro-Trump influencers.
Bongino, who found and vouched for the controversial video, faced internal criticism for its overlooked gap. A White House meeting Wednesday turned tense, with witnesses saying the exchange between Bondi and Bongino “didn’t end on friendly terms.”
Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche later defended both Bongino and FBI Director Kash Patel, stating they had jointly approved the Epstein memo’s release.
Sources:
Axios – MBFC Rating
Discover more from News Facts Network
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.