A group of news organizations on Friday asked House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to share thousands of hours of security footage from Jan. 6 after Fox News host Tucker Carlson said this week that he has been given access to about 44,000 hours of video from the attack on the Capitol."We understand that, in your capacity
Share this:

A group of news organizations on Friday asked House Speaker Kevin McCarthy to share thousands of hours of security footage from Jan. 6 after Fox News host Tucker Carlson said this week that he has been given access to about 44,000 hours of video from the attack on the Capitol.

“We understand that, in your capacity as Speaker of the House of Representatives, you recently provided the Tucker Carlson Tonight television program with access to certain Congressional records — specifically, previously unavailable video footage from the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021,” wrote Laura Handman, a lawyer representing the media outlets. “We write to request that the News Organizations be granted access to these materials.”

The news outlets requesting access include The Associated Press; NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC and Noticias Telemundo; The New York Times; and The Washington Post.

“There is no basis for further delaying granting this access — to these News Organizations or any other media outlets that make similar requests,” Handman said.

McCarthy’s office has not responded to multiple inquiries from NBC News about access to the footage, but the California Republican defended his decision in a brief interview with The New York Times on Wednesday, saying, “I was asked in the press about these tapes, and I said they do belong to the American public. I think sunshine lets everybody make their own judgment.”

Read Full Story
NBC News Rating


Discover more from News Facts Network

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x