Trump Claims To Have New Information About Ashli Babbitt’s Death As He All But Confirms 2024 Presidential Run

As he gave his biggest indication yet of plans to run for office again in 2024, former President Donald Trump during a Sunday morning interview with Fox News claimed—without evidence—he has heard information that deceased Jan. 6 rioter Ashli Babbitt, who was shot by a member of the U.S. Capitol Police while storming Congress, was instead killed by the “head of security” for a top Democrat.

The topic was first raised by “Sunday Morning Futures” host Maria Bartiromo, a vocal supporter of the ex-president who asked if he had any information on what she described as “speculation” that Babbitt was killed by a member of a leading Democratic lawmaker’s security detail.

Trump responded affirmatively, saying he has received information that it was the head of security “for a certain high official,” who he stressed is a Democrat, that shot Babbitt.

He did not offer up any evidence of this otherwise unsupported claim, nor did he name the lawmaker whose security detail he claimed was involved in the shooting.

“I will tell you they know who shot Ashli Babbitt,” Trump said, claiming the person’s identity is being protected, but the truth is “going to come out.”

The ex-president again praised Babbitt, a California-based Air Force veteran and conspiracy theorist who he has previously said didn’t deserve to be shot, as an “innocent, wonderful, incredible woman.”

During the same interview, Trump also all-but-confirmed he plans to run for president again in 2024. “I absolutely know my answer, and we’re going to do very well and people are going to be very happy,” Trump said, noting he can’t officially announce anything yet for campaign financing reasons. He also joked CNN and MSNBC “will come out and endorse me” to boost their ratings. “They’ll endorse Donald Trump pretty soon I think.”

Read Full Story
Forbes Rating

Share this:

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: